Here we provide a listing of specfic Waterford related resources [online], which hopefully will aid you in finding that south-east Ireland relative. As always, if we can help, drop us a brief line and we’ll do our best to point you in the right direction.
The information below pertains to what is available online – if a resource is only available by physically visiting a library or resource centre in Waterofrd, we’ve tried to mention that 🙂
Newspapers & Journals
- Decies: The Journal of the Waterford Archaeological and Historical Society – there is an index to this publication here while the full text of the many articles of interest to Waterford researchers can be found on this website.
- The Place-Names of the Decies – by Canon Patrick Power, 1952 – a valuable resource sofr finer detail on placenames and parish details.
- The Waterford Newspaper War Archive is an extensive online collection of scanned and indexed newspaper articles relating to the years 1914-1918 and 1939-1945, from local newspapers. It covers a number of topics such as local and national events, wartime casualties, emergencies and sport.
- Waterford CIty Library Service provides access to several newpaper services online but only when physically at the library. Waterford County Council’s library service provide online access to several journals, including The Annals of Ireland, from this link.
Other Online Resources
- The Irish Times offers a clear breakdown of Church records (i.e. Baptism, Marriage and Death) by parish, in Waterford. Close study of these results will reveal where the physical record is kept.
- As with a lot of Waterford records, they are available online at Roots Ireland (paying) and with varying states of coverage on Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.