Folks – here finally (and apologies for the delay) is our Programme of Events for the 2016 Gathering, August 27th-30th 2016.
- Programme available for download here. Please feel free to share it with your friends and family, who may be thinking of joining us.
- Patrons not already joining the Ireland-Newfoundland Festival of the Sea should aim to arrive in Ireland on either Friday 26th or early Saturday 27th August.
Provisional Programme of Events
27th – 30th August
Dunhill ᴥ West Waterford ᴥ Waterford City
SATURDAY 27th AUGUST
– ‘Meet & Greet’ session in a Waterford City hotel, with refreshments.
– Orientation & explanation of the Programme of Events
– Travel to Carrick-on-Suir, Co. Tipperary for the opening event, which is also the closing event of the Ireland/Newfoundland Festival of the Sea 2016
SUNDAY 28th AUGUST
– ‘Mass of Remembrance’ in Dunhill parish church
– Walk the Anne Valley Trail to Dunhill Castle, ancestral home of the Powers.
– Short talk on the history of the Castle, followed by coffee and chat in Harney’s pub, Dunhill.
– Travel to Dungarvan, Co. Waterford & take lunch and a stroll at your leisure.
– WWI Memorial Ceremony, at Dungarvan Memorial Wall, remembering the Powers who fell in the Great War, followed by chat and refreshments.
– Short tour of Dungarvan Castle, an Anglo-Norman fortification founded in 1185.
– Return to Waterford City for dinner and music in a local hotel.
MONDAY 29th AUGUST
– Tour of Curraghmore House & Gardens, historic home of the de la Poers.
– Catered picnic lunch in the grounds of Curraghmore, including local food/produce showcase event.
– Return to Waterford city for dinner in a local hotel.
– Evening concert in Christchurch Cathedral, Waterford, with local musicians and storytelling from a seanachaí.
TUESDAY 30th AUGUST
– Tour of the famous Waterford Crystal showrooms and manufacturing facility.
– Lunch at leisure and free time for shopping in Waterford city centre.
– Guided tours of both Reginald’s Tower or the new Medieval Museum and undercroft.
– Ancestry.com DNA/Power Clan lecture
– Gala closing event at Medieval Museum Undercroft with food, music and Sláinte show.
Gathering Package include:
- All talks and lectures
- Entry to all tours including Curraghmore, Reginald’s Tower, Dungarvan Castle, Waterford Crystal and Medieval Museum.
- Christchurch and Carrick-on-Suir concerts.
- 4 evening meals, 1 lunch and 3 refreshments.
- Local transport (including airport pickup/return, if needed)
Price per person : EUR€ 350, CAD$ 530, US$ 380, GBP£ 255. A payment facility will be made available on this website in the coming weeks. Payment doesn’t have to be immediate but reserving your place by email is important!
All questions please to firstname.lastname@example.org